Thursday, January 17, 2008

Knitted wrap



Winter weather in South East Queensland is often cool enough for a little cover, but not cold enough for heavier knits. I knitted this wrap last winter, so that I'd have something light to throw around my shoulders when it was chilly. My mother used it, my sister used it ... I don't recall having used it once! But that was because I was using my stripy Inca-style shawl.

I knitted this wrap in a lovely, creamy white Cleckheaton yarn, Studio Mohair. The completed fabric is one of my favourite ribs ... a slipped stitch rib. I'd really like to try this wrap with hand-made lace lining the cast on and cast off edges.

The slipped stitch rib I used is easily knitted. If you would like the instructions for either the stitch or the pattern, leave a message or email me. I'm happy to help!






No comments: